Please let us know what projects you are interested in by selecting the sign up button at the bottom of each opportunity. (Make sure to scroll down on this list to see all of our exciting volunteer opportunities)
1. Communications and Social Media Strategy
Project Summary: Analyzing an organization’s key audience and helping to define its brand strategy to ensure a consistent message across its website, social media platforms and presentations. Design and implementation of a communication strategy to expand the reach and engagement of the organization’s audience that can later be managed by the organization itself.
Project tasks may include:
● Designing social media campaigns that involve online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts and promotion of events
● Developing the organization’s presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other community sites.
● Helping to post on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
● Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results
Estimated Project Duration: 6 months (approx: 10 hours a week)
Volunteer Skills: Marketing; Branding; Communications; Social Media; Writing and Editing
2. Fundraising Outreach Campaign
Project Summary: Helping to develop and execute the communication plan for an organization’s outreach campaign related to fundraising. Project deliverables may include the following:
• Consolidate and develop compelling campaign marketing content
• Design and deliver daily/weekly content on social media outlets and other communication channels in relation to the campaign
• Identify and approach media outlets to broaden campaign reach significantly
Estimated Project Duration: 2-3 months (approx.: 5-10 hours a week)
Volunteer Skills: Marketing; Fundraising; Communications; Digital Marketing; Writing and Editing
3. Communications Manager Position
Friend of the Arts Foundation (FOTAF) is looking for a Communications Manager to join the FOTAF team in Bangkok, Thailand, on a part-time volunteer basis.
• Strong project management or organizational skills
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants
• Knowledge of blogging system relevant to the field
• Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively in written (specifically for newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, Impress and Google+) and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.
• Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other team members when necessary
• Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
• Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO, analytic tools, WordPress, Public Relations, Development and Community Management
• Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotion of events, etc.
• Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
• Design and implement a social media strategy to expand the reach and engagement of FOTAF audience.
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
• Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
4. Student Internship Program
Friends of the Arts Foundation is offering university internship program for the preparation and running of events: International Solo Festival and International Dance Festival.
Positions & Responsibilities:
● Coordinator: contact and coordinate with partners, performers, sponsors, suppliers, etc
● Stage Crew: Handle backstage and front of house works. Coordination with the technical team
● Public Relation Officer: Prepare press release, contact and follow up with members of press. Handle invitations
Number of hours: 200 hours+
What you get:
While the position of the Social Media Manager is a volunteer position (so we cannot offer financial remuneration) we offer you the opportunity to experiment with new solutions, to try and test new ideas, interact with inspiring professionals, gain insight into the non-profit world and the opportunity to feel every day that you make a difference. Time commitment is expected to be around 5-10 hours a week.
If interested in the position, please send your CV and a short description of your background and interest to [email protected] with `Communications Manager` in the subject line.